A traditional day by the seaside doesn’t have to break the bank. There’s plenty to do in the city of Blackpool for both kids and adults that are perfect if you’re on a budget.
- Head to the beach
You simply can’t go to Blackpool and not visit the beach. Blackpool is one of the most famous seaside towns in the country, so it’s almost impossible not to stroll down to the water during your stay. If it’s the right time of year, and if the unpredictable British weather is on your side, why not do a spot of sunbathing? Kick off your shoes, roll up your pants and paddle away or build the sandcastle of your dreams.
- Go to the arcades
Before the Internet, video games and smartphones, one of the most exciting ways to have fun at the seaside was to head into the arcades. Kids will love it for the thrill of winning tickets, adults will love it for the nostalgia. Even though you’re on a budget, you don’t need much money – the goal with arcades is to spend as little as possible but win as much as possible. Change a note into 2p and 10p coins and let loose on the machines.
- Picnic in the park
Again, the weather has to be on your side here, but a cosy family picnic in the park is a fun and budget-friendly way to eat. Stanley Park is the main park in the city. It has beautiful gardens, incredible architecture and historical buildings, and a children’s play area to keep the little ones entertained.
- Save on attractions
Just like the beach, a visit to Blackpool isn’t complete without seeing some of the most famous sights in the city. Not sure what we’re talking about? Oh, you’re in for a real treat! To see all the below for one price, the Blackpool Big Ticket is perfect.
- The Blackpool Tower Eye – A 360 degree bird’s eye view of the city awaits you at the very top of the Tower.
- The Blackpool Tower Dungeon – Don’t go in alone. Explore the real-life, and gruesome, history of Lancashire.
- The Blackpool Tower Circus – Putting on a show and dazzling audiences since 1894.
- Jungle Jim’s – Perfect for kids to burn off some energy while the grown-ups have a sit down.
- SEA LIFE Blackpool – Children and adults alike love an aquarium.
- Madame Tussauds – Get a selfie or five with your favourite celebrities.
- Wander down the pier
There are three different piers in Blackpool, did you know? There’s the North Pier, the Central Pier and the South Pier. You can choose to explore one or all three in one day. It’s free of charge to stroll, of course, but there’s plenty of cheap and cheerful activities to get involved in, like the Ferris Wheel which offers 100ft high views of the city.
- Benefits of Private Jet Charters - July 28, 2020
- 3 Different Ways to Enjoy the Northern Mariana Islands - July 6, 2020
- Top 4 Beach Road Trips in The US You Need To Take This Summer - July 1, 2020